The Saint Louis and San Francisco Railway Company (FRISCO) was organized in 1876. On June 29, 1896, it was incorporated as the Saint Louis and San Francisco Railroad Company Missouri. The company was reorganized as the St. Louis - San Francisco Railway Company on August 24, 1916. The Frisco merged with the Burlington Northern Railroad on November 21, 1980. This website is devoted to the memory of Frisco operations, equipment, and people.
Hoboken Shore Railroad Homepage
The Hoboken Shore Railroad started off as the Hoboken Manufacturers Railroad, a shortline that served a large industrial clientele running the length of Hoboken's (New Jersey) waterfront. The line had tight curves, street trackage, a float bridge - all elements that endeared the railroad to its fans. The railroad was renamed the 'Hoboken Shore Railroad' in 1954, solely for the reason that 'it sounded better!' Traffic started dropping off as industry on the Hoboken waterfront began closing down and moving out. The railroad operated in a limited fashion until at least 1977, and filed for abandonment in 1978. Today, very little of the railroad remains: Its main yard is long gone, enginehouse is now a parking lot, and most of the main is ripped up. A short section of street trackage remains in place from the vicinity of Maxwell House (today a brewery), running to the new park at 5th Street.
The Galesburg & Great Eastern was a railroad which operated in Knox County, Illinois in the United States. Knox County is located in western Illinois, about 180 miles southwest from Chicago. This interesting railroad ran until the early 1960's, hauling coal from a mine located at Victoria, Illinois to Wataga, Illinois, a distance of ten miles (16 kilometers). Although early plans indicated that the road would extend on to Galesburg (a major railroad center nine miles away), ultimately, the railroad would go there in name only.